Dear NPOC Members,
On behalf of the Executive Committee (EC), I would
The EC is very busy with its priority of building a stable foundation for NPOC, however, we’ve been a little silent with you. Please accept my apologies, and for the remainder of my term, I will commit to communicating with you more often and to work with you more closely to make NPOC the amazing Constituency it aught t be. I will not be addressing the general meetings attendances or ICANN participation, only the development of the Constituency.
The Executive Committee embraced a sustainable strategy to work on building a strong organization in order to better serve its members. This meant revisiting or developing the necessary administrative functionalities that would enable the EC to responsibilities. I would like to share these with you.
- Charter Review: The EC delved into updating the charter, only to discover that many sections had dual and sometimes conflicting or even contradictory statements. It was decided that a very comprehensive rewrite and redefinition had to take place. The charter will be available by ICANN64 for your input.
- Creating a Policy Committee: NPOC EC spent a lot of time to define the operational issues and the newly formed committee is tasked with creating public comment and informing members about policies and encourage their comments and expertise.
- Branding NPOC: the development of marketing and promotional materials, such as a new logo, banner, Getting Started Guide, Welcome letter. These are stored so subsequent Committees can utilize them.
- Financial responsibilities: NPOC EC had to address a number of financial issues stemming from previous years, with little or no info, it was finally resolved and procedures established for the future.
- The npoc.org website is being revamped to include a more member focus platform.
- Creating a tracking system for actions
NPOC resources and information gathering
Npoc Discuss List
Looking forward to communicating and work more closely,